Friday, June 13, 2008

SMU fratboys can eat a cock.

060708-HoB_Stage-001

I don't remember getting old.

Last weekend me and Autumn caught a show at the House of Blues. Initially we thought it was just this band, Zoso, a Led Zeppelin tribute band. To our surprise and delight, another band was opening for them. Appetite for Destruction, a Guns 'N Roses tribute band.

060708-HoB_Appetite_for_Destruction-005

Awesome, awesome show. If a little on the loud side. I know, I know, "If it's too loud, you're too old!" I'm hip. I'm down. But holy shit, when it's so loud as to make you go dizzy, it's a tad too loud. I will definitely catch them again, if they ever come back to Dallas.

060708-HoB_Zoso-004

But I've come to the conclusion that I can't fully enjoy concerts anymore. As bad as I want to go to them, I simply cannot stand the douchebaggery. If the music wasn't so good, I'd have been kicked out of the place. I was far too close to pounding some little fratboy dicks face in. They were the worst offenders. Trying to squeeze 10 people into the space that was marginally comfortable for 1. Starting some lame, half-assed mosh pit. Drunk off their asses, and hopping up and down, landing on people around them.

After one of them landed on Autumn, I started holding my arm up as a barrier to give us some space. Douchebag would migrate off for a while, and I'd put my arm down. As he'd come back, I'd raise my arm again. Quickly tiring of this game, the next time he came close, I shot my arm out with some force and a clenched fist. I'm pretty sure I punched him in the kidney.

Oh he bowed up for a little while. We shouted back and forth a few times, and it was quickly understood that he wasn't getting any support from his friends. In fact, some of them looked like they were tired of his shit too. The ones that weren't completely bombed.

060808-HoB_Zoso-009

Then there was the greaseball in the red shirt, and his whore girlfriend. And the near endless stream of trannies that all knew him and just had to be near him. One was obviously a man, the other's at least passed as females upon quick glance. I'm pretty sure not a single one of them actually was a female though. Security had to step in before an all out cat fight broke out between one of the trannies and the woman next to me.

Not including me and Autumn, there were about 6 other people that kept the concert sane. We all even actively walled up and blocked people from squeezing their way in.

To all the cutters: Fuck you! You want up front? Get your lazy ass here earlier. You paid? Good for you. So did I. Oh, you just want to take a picture with your phone? Well hold that bad boy up like everyone else, because you're sure as hell aren't going to weasel your way past me.

1 comment:

Gail Dixon said...

douchebaggery - tee hee.

Thanks for protecting Autumn. Sounds like concerts have changed a bit from the 70s and not for the better.