Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Testing out a couple editors

I've grabbed ecto and MarsEdit to test out. I know I should update more, and I'm hoping not being tied to the web interface will help with that.

That being said, currently some quirks I've had with ecto ... it loves adding a paragraph tag, and I can't seem to get rid of it without manually editing the HTML, and that's just not something I want to jack with any time I create or edit a post.

Unfortunately MarsEdit costs almost twice as much. And I've looked for "discounts" on these apps, but not having much luck.

Then there was an incident where ecto was adding about a hojillion line breaks every time I published. That's no good. But I've figured out that problem, and it's fixed now at least.

Tentatively I'll be converting my LiveJournal entries... perhaps even MySpace (the few I've made there, that is). Tentatively. Which probably means I'll convert a few and say "Fuck it!" and quit. But we'll see. I did it once before when I ran my own website. Historical precedent FTW! Go ahead and add my entries from my own website to that list of maybe, as well.

I guess we'll see how it goes.

No comments: